Wilmington, N.C. – Whether it’s logo tees, logo polos, or some other piece of sportswear, you can learn how to stay cool this summer by learning more about the new “performance” fabrics. So, what is performance fabric?
Here at Queensboro, we’d like to provide you with information about these fabrics (online and via our customer service staff), and offer the latest performance fashions to you – which make use of new state-of-the-art weather and moisture management technologies and materials.
Picture This Hot Scene!
The day is gorgeous and you’re just teeing up on #3. The sun is beating down hard. And… already, you’re drenched and dripping with sweat! Yuk! Golf is fun, but staying dry and cool during summer play is often a challenge, and can wreak havoc on your score.
The same holds true in the gym, on the tennis court, or when you’re out and about doing errands or walking back and forth to work. Worrying about your clothes rather than the activity at hand is just plain distracting.
During these summer months, how do you stay cool, calm and collected, and look good at the same time? And how can you prevent all that sweat from affecting your game, and your life? Once just for runners, cyclists and sports fanatics, performance items are breaking out into the mainstream.
A Performance Primer
What is performance fabric? Performance fabrics made for a wide variety of uses, which provide functional qualities, such as moisture management, UV protection, anti-microbial, thermo-regulation, water resistance, and wind resistance.
And here are some related terms:
- Quick-Dry – a high activity sportswear fabric that absorbs, wicks and dries faster than average sportswear, or golf wear. Nike’s patented Dri-Fit Technology is breathable, high-quality fabric that’s specifically designed for athletes to help increase performance.
- Microfiber – fabric that is tightly woven from a very fine poly thread and has a sueded finish for a luxurious, soft feel. Microfiber fabric is naturally water repellent due to its construction process and when specially treated can also be waterproof. (Some folks call this feature “moisture-wicking”.)
(Both of these terms can be found in the Queensboro Glossary. )
How do they work? These newly-engineered fabrics move moisture away from your skin and isolate it on the outer surface so the moisture can evaporate. No more feeling like your shirt is glued to your body! No more embarrassment. No more wondering if you could have shot a stronger game if you had been cooler and drier.
There are indeed psychological benefits to wearing the new performance fabrics: keeping a lower skin temperature, reduced perceived physical exertion during exercise, and the increased ability to keep your focus on your game – rather than feeling and looking wet.
The new performance fabrics also:
- Stay strong despite frequent washes. Unlike cotton tees or tanks, performance apparel lasts longer due to the construction. (Likewise, the underarm material won’t discolor because of your perspiration.)
- Can be used all throughout the year. For example, in winter months, performance apparel can be layered under your outerwear. In colder temperatures, performance apparel is ideal for skiing, hunting, running, etc.
- Are perfect for traveling since they are virtually wrinkle free, and resist piling.
- Performance fabrics virtually neutralize odor, making them ideal for physical activity.
Performance Apparel Available at Queensboro
Here at Queensboro Shirt Company, we carry a wide variety of customizable performance apparel to meet your needs – from tee shirts, to polos, to outerwear, to caps. From Nike to Adidas, we have a wide selection of name brand performance apparel.
Queensboro CoolDry Performance Polo
Queensboro – We call our signature performance fabric “CoolDry.” We offer a variety of CoolDry polos, including the pictured embroidered Queensboro CoolDry Performance Polo. This particular polo is a great example of our CoolDry apparel, with smooth, silky %100 polyester fabric. Our CoolDry fabric resists wrinkling, keeping you dry and comfortable all day.
Nike Golf Ladies Dri-FIT Pebble Texture Polo
Nike – Nike calls their performance fabric “Dri-FIT”. The fabric was designed and trademarked by Nike as premium performance apparel. Our Nike Golf Ladies Pebble Texture Polo is made with their signature Dri-FIT material. The tailored polo has clean, immaculate lines for a polished, modern look. Authentic Nike branding completes the look.
Adidas Climalite 3 Stripe Cuff Pique Polo
Adidas – At Adidas, basically the same kind of performance material is called “ClimaLite.” We offer a Adidas Climalite 3 Stripe Cuff Pique Polo constructed with a durable, moisture treated polyester knit. The heat sealed Adidas logo finishes off this flawless polo.
And of course, the difference at Queensboro is that you can put your logo on any of these fine pieces of apparel – with only a low four-piece minimum order.