Our Customer Spotlight is Our Chance To Shine A Light On Some of Our Employees’ Favorite Businesses. This Week’s Customer Offers People a Place to Come Together and Celebrate Their Past and Look to the Future.
Everybody Loves Italian www.everybodylovesitalian.com Atlantic City, NJ
Queensboro Customer Since December 2016
Preface: This interview (and the bonus joke at the bottom) was dictated to me by Frank Granieri, the oft-hilarious and fearless leader of Everybody Loves Italian and the Everybody Loves Network store at Queensboro. It is impossible to mimic his voice, passion or enthusiasm so I just say please, do yourself a favor and check them out. It is well worth it.
- Our Mission Statement is “Helping People Share Who They Are With The World”. What does your business do, and what do you want to share with the world?
Everybody Loves Italian stands for Embrace the past Love in the present Inspire the future.
- Building strong relationships has always been one of our goals. How do you successfully build relationships within your business?
The idea behind what we are doing is to go back and touch on the values that our parents and grandparents tried to teach us. Things like honesty, caring hard work ethic etc. We try to do this with fun and without drudgery. We have a facebook page where we (virtually) have coffee and we share stories, sing songs and communicate in a positive fashion. People all around the world coming together for the same purpose, to get along.
- Where is the best place to get lunch in your neck of the woods?
The Maplewood Restaurant in Hammonton, NJ. (This leads to a brief discussion of the type of Italian-American cuisine that should not be spoken of if you are nearing your lunch break. My own grandmother’s eggplant parm was on my mind for days, however, I suspect that is exactly what Frank loves.)
- If there was a soundtrack to your business what song would you play for us?
It’s a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.
- If you could wave a magic wand and change your business in any way, how would you do it?
Simply put: Reach more people.
- Bonus Question: Tell us a (clean!) joke. See if you can make the office laugh!
A little Italian man comes to America and can barely speak English. But he’s a strong guy and wants to go into business for himself. So one day he goes into a lumberyard to get materials to build. He tells the man at the counter (this would be the time to be able to do the perfect Italian accent. Sorry, it really made the joke) “I need 4×2’s”. The man behind the counter said, “I think you mean 2×4’s”. “Yes, Yes 2×4. That is what I need,” exclaims the Italian man. “Okay,” says the lumberyard worker, “how long do you want them?”
“Oh!” says the Italian, “I want them for a very long time!” (Frank, I know, I know. You tell it better. Head to their Facebook page and hear it from the real deal!)